Thursday, January 3, 2013

Ladybug

I have to note that this is actually an old sonnet, I wrote it for an entomology class I took a few years ago, but I think it's worth sharing again so here it is!


A Ladybug sat up in a tall tree
And looked down at the big world below her
She wanted to fly like a buzzy bee
But how? Her mother had never shown her

"I'll teach you some other day" mother said
She promised every day since her birth
"I'll teach you to fly with your wings, bright red"
"To fly up in the air above the earth"

She stood on the edge of the branch up high
She lifted her wings and prepared to jump
This lady was surely ready to fly
She jumped and she gave her wings a great pump

Along came a car, and with a great SPLAT!
Ladybug had flown, but now she was flat

No comments:

Post a Comment